Placed under the Honorary Presidency of Her Royal Highness Princess Lalla Meryem, the Competition was launched in Meknes in July 1994 under the name “International Competition of Young Pianists of Meknes”.
After 5 editions, with the competition establishing itself in the national and international musical world, the organizational requirements became more important.The association Les Amitiés Musicales then decided to transfer it to Rabat in 2003 where it received the great privilege of a new name:“Her Royal Highness Princess Lalla Meryem International Piano Competition”.
- Raise the national piano level, in particular through inter and intra cultural exchanges experienced during the event,
- Discover reliable talents,
- Offer a new challenge to the pedagogical program of piano teaching,
- To encourage in a sustained and continuous way by offering prizes, concerts, scholarships for further training courses, Master classes and Workshops
- Constitute one of the best openings on the diversity of cultural expressions,
- Promote mutually beneficial collaborations and effective and dynamic partnerships with various actors in the public and private sectors,
- Contribute to the sustainability of Morocco’s cultural influence within the international artistic community.
Decision-makers: ministries, embassies, parliamentarians, local authorities, etc.
Actors of civil society: cultural institutions, businesses, NGOs, music teachers, trainers, young people, students, amateur and professional musicians, music lovers, the general public …
The previous editions took place in different places :
- Academy of the Kingdom of Morocco
- Mohammed V National Theater in Rabat
- National Library of the Kingdom of Morocco in Rabat
- Salle Bahnini, Ministry of Culture
- Reception and Conference Center of the Mohammed VI Foundation in Rabat
- Center for Cultural Action at the Presidency, Ifrane Site of Mohammed V University
- Congress Hall of the Municipality of Meknes
- Al Akhawayn University of Ifrane …